The Allen trapeze ball and guide supplied as a pair which replace the trapeze hook on your dinghy allowing you to use the Allen Keyball Trapeze System.
This product replaces one set of trapeze rings, then you just need to buy the Keyball Trapeze Moulding with the correct backing plate for your trapeze harness.
This new concept revolutionises the options available for trapezing by removing removing the hook. This has two advantages;
- Improved saftey, since there is no hook to catch reducing the risk of entrapment
- Reduce risk of damage as the hook on the front of trapeze harness have been known to damage foils, decks and hulls.
- Overall Length: 162mm
- Weight: 75g
The Allen Key Ball Trapeze System
For many years the development team at Allen were keen to design a trapeze system that improves the safety of the sport and reduces the risk of entrapment by the traditional hook-on trapeze harness.
Designer Julian Bethwaite had also been thinking along the same lines and had produced a prototype of the keyball trapeze system. In conjunction with Bethwaite Design, Allen have developed the concept into a sleek and innovative design, eliminating the hook altogether and creating a safe intuitive solution that really works.
The ball and guide is manufactured from solid aluminium in three parts:-
- A solid aluminium guide with an integral rope-friendly thimble for attachment to the wire via a height adjustable rope.
- A flexible section joining the ball to the guide enabling articulation
- A solid aluminium ball for smooth and secure location
The buckle is manufactured from two parts and bolted securely together:-
- A 3D moulded keyhole with a wide opening guides the ball securely into place when trapezing whilst easily releasing when required.
- A stainless steel back-plate in narrow or spreader format allow for easy changing to suit different designs of harness.